This page will be a running record of what goes on in my head. Most of it will be gibberish with no value whatsoever, and the rest will be garbage with no value whatsoever. Add to Technorati Favorites

Monday, August 24, 2009

Moderation

I often feel compelled to cringe a little whenever I hear someone proclaim proudly that they are a moderate. The look of moral superiority shines in their eyes while their chest swells ever so slightly as if they were stating some bold position that none but the truest of patriots would dare to utter in the public arena. I sometimes feel bad for them before I dismiss them altogether.

"But why would you dismiss someone says they are a moderate?" you may ask. "shouldn't people be less partisan?" you may wonder. To you I say shut up. Shut up and think before you waste another moment of you're life repeating that senseless gibberish. Can you be moderately concerned for your own well being, or that of your loved ones? Can you be a moderate on issues concerning your life? I say no. Not just no, but Hell no! You are passionate in the pursuit of what you deem right for yourself, as you should be, and so should you be for the positions you take in the political realm!

I can respect the person with whom I disagree, no matter how passionately, but I cannot feel the same towards one who doesn't have the courage or the honesty to proclaim their positions. Stand up, take your position and defend it as long as you feel it is right! Foam at the mouth with passion and spit venom in defence of what you believe is the truth!

I'm not saying to follow blindly in the path of your chosen party, and I'm not claiming that everyone should opine on every subject. But please, stand and fight for what you believe, either with me when we agree or against me when we don't, because this is America and our ability to have passionate discourse, not moderation, is truly the lifeblood of our system!

No comments:

Counter