This page will be a running record of what goes on in my head. Most of it will be gibberish with no value whatsoever, and the rest will be garbage with no value whatsoever. Add to Technorati Favorites

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I am the reason you are dying

Dear Media,

You dont know me very well, but I have seen you around over the years, and have become pretty aware of who you are and what you are capable of. I remember, somewhat vaguely, how you were once very powerful and influencial in all the happenings of my childhood era, but that was before.

I remember when people would repeat things that were spoken by your anchor men about the important topics of the day. I remember when your writers still had the integrity to report news as if it was...well...news. But again, that was before.

"Before what?" you may ask. Before me.Before you became so impressed with your own influence that you forgot that your job was to report the news, rather that dictate what the news should be.

I would like to take a moment to tell you a little about myself, and the reason you should care who I am.

I am the reason you are dying. I refuse to blindly accept one sided stories that only recognise one side of the political spectrum.

I am the reason you are dying. I believe that when thousands of people march on the capital of Denver, or hundreds of thousands march on Washington DC, it is a story worth covering.

I am the reason you are dying. I believe that media can and should remain neutral, but if you are going to take sides it should be on the side of the American people, rather than the side of those who come here illegaly and steal jobs and services that could otherwise go to my..no, YOUR countrymen.

I am the reason you are dying. I believe that you have become a bully and your size and age likens you to the schoolyard kid that got held back a couple times and wants to take out his anger on the nearest member of the chess club.

I am the reason you are dying. I am the generation you once deemed "X" and I dont need you.

No comments:

Counter